(TELP) Texas Event Leadership Program is a program directed by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in the Department of Recreation, Park and Tourism Sciences (RPTS) at Texas A&M University. Together with Texas Festivals and Events Association (TFEA) and Texas Association of Fairs and Events (TAF&E), our program provides in-depth training for event organizers as well as an invaluable network of professional event organizers and experts.
TELP is a benchmark program that offers instructional modules covering up-to-date topics to address the professional development needs of the festivals and events industry. Whether you are planning a new event, seeking to improve an existing event, or working towards a TELP certificate of completion, everyone is welcome.
The Texas Event Leadership Program seeks:
- To increase the knowledge and skills of event managers and volunteers so that they may better plan, manage, and evaluate a festival, fair, or event in their community
- To enhance the ability of Texas communities to achieve the desired economic and cultural benefits for producing a festival, fair, or event
- To promote volunteer service that will result in the establishment and/or improvement of Texas events
Texas Event Leadership Program benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Diversification of knowledge base and skills in the event industry
- Networking with event professionals
- Enhancing or increasing tourism in communities
- Ability to work towards professional certification with supporting organizations (TFEA and TAF&E)