Texas Event Leadership Program is a combination of instructional modules, volunteer service and an individual assignment. The curriculum is comprised of 24 core modules and various elective modules. Instructional modules are offered at two annual professional conferences and at regional workshops in communities across Texas.
Click here to download a TELP program flier with a detailed list of course offerings. Core modules Include: Activity Planning, Board and Committee Relations, Business Plan, Current Trends, Emergency Management & Crisis Communication, Entertainment, Financial Planning, Fundraisers and Profit Makers, Insurance and Liability and more.
TELP members: Volunteer service points (VSP) can be acquired by completing any combination of the following activities and amounting to 50 points:
- Serve as a speaker at a local, regional, or state festival, fair, or event seminar
- Serve on an event committee
- Serve as a mentor to another event planner
- Write an article for a newsletter or magazine that circulates in the event industry
- Serve as a “mystery shopper” to offer an evaluation of an event
- Other activities as approved by the Texas Event Leadership Program
In order to receive credit, click here to download and report your volunteer activity. Once downloaded to your desktop, this PDF document becomes active. You can fill out the form electronically submit via email. Contact Dr. Jill Martz if you need additional assistance.
There are a variety of professional development opportunities related to the Texas Event Leadership Program. A certificate of completion from the program can be applied towards professional certification with Texas Association of Fairs and Events and/or Texas Festivals and Events Association.
- TAF&E membership; completion of TELP; seminars, curriculum, and professional credit. For more information, visit the TAF&E website.
Certified Festival Professional (CFP)
- TFEA membership; completion of TELP; seminars, curriculum and interview. For more information, vist the TFEA website.
The International Festivals & Events Association recognized TELP with the prestigious IFEA/Haas & Wilkerson Gold Pinnacle Award for Best Event Management Certificate Program (2007 and 2008). This competition was held at an international level and our program was judged in comparison to other educational institutions around the world offering event management programs for the festivals and events industry.
2007: Gold Pinnacle Award, International Festivals & Events Association
2008: Gold Pinnacle Award, International Festivals & Events Association
2009: Bronze Pinnacle Award, International Festivals & Events Association